April 23, 2015

Top Ten Books for #WorldBookDay

Pride and Prejudice is my all time favorite. I love the movie, the miniseries, and the book. I love the love story and the family dynamics. 







This is one of those books that I just want everyone to read. If you haven't read it I highly recommend it. It is witty and a super fun read about the disappearance of Bernadette. Her daughter then compiles email messages, official documents, and secret correspondence to try and find Bernadette.  It has a really different structure but it is carried out so well. 






I love Harry Potter. They are all great books but my absolute favorite is The Prisoner of Azkaban, probably because Sirius Black is my favorite character. We learn so much more about Harry's parents as he tries to find out what his relationship is to the notorious Sirius Black.







Of course I love this book because it is basically Downton Abbey in book form. It is so great and I wish I could read it all over for the first time. Cora has gone abroad to find a titled husband to go with her wealth. Eventually she finds herself  as the Duchess of Wareham and thrown into English Society. 






I. Love. Mindy. Kaling. She just gets it. Her book had me laughing out loud and totally identifying with everything she said. Mindy really shows readers her life and gives her observations on romance, friendship, and Hollywood, I am patiently waiting until the Fall for her next book to come out. 






This is another book where I wish I could read it again and not know what was going to happen. When Amy disappears, all roads lead to her husband Nick. Only he swears he didn't do it. As the story goes on more information is revealed. It is so twisted and so good. 







The Goldfinch was last year's Pulitzer Winner for Fiction and for good reason. It follows the life of orphan Theo Decker and his art theft. If you like character driven novels then this is definitely for you. 






Marina Keegan died five days after her graduation from Yale and The Opposite of Loneliness is a collection of her essays and short stories. This collection was so good it left me wanting a sequel. 






I am slowly making my way through these books and loving every second. Claire Randall gets thrown back in time to the 1700's and has to choose whether to stay with the highlander who loves her or try and get back to the Husband she left behind. I can't recommend these books enough.






When it comes to covers, it doesn't get much prettier than this one. This book tells the story of the tangled lives of an innkeeper, a hollywood star, and a producer. Walter created really likable characters and it was a fun read. 

No comments:

Post a Comment