January 6, 2016

2015 Year in Review

Hello all!

After the stress of finals and the buzz of the holidays I am finally finding the time to sit down and write this post. I am so proud that I was able to keep up with this blog for the whole year. I accomplished the few goals that I set for myself in 2015 and hope to continue this in 2016. 

My initial purpose for starting Hardbacks in Totebags was to keep myself more accountable for my reading. Without the blog I am positive that I would not have read anywhere near the number of books that I have. I initially set my 2015 reading goal on Goodreads for 30 books. I thought that there was no way on Earth I would have the time for 30 books and just hoped that I would get close. Not only did I reach my reading goal but I exceeded it! I ended up reading 37 books this year and I owe it all to this blog. Whether anyone is reading it or not, chronicling my reading experiences held me accountable and it motivated me to reach for another book immediately after finishing one. 

This was really my only goal for 2015 and for starting this blog but I am excited to see where 2016 takes me! Since I now have the blog going, my 2016 goals include building readership by becoming more active on social media,  redesigning, and I am hoping to start offering recommendations. With these goals I am hoping to engage more with the readers that I have and also gain new followers. 

I know the blog has been a little quiet the last few months but I have been reading and all my 2015 books have been reviewed! While on winter break from school I am rereading the Harry Potter series. I am not going to review those, because really how can you? So look for new posts toward the beginning of February when I am back at school and reading something new! 

No comments:

Post a Comment